Traveling for business? Here is a list to upgrade your experience
It’s time to go to that conference of the year, the one you have been waiting for. It’s exciting times because you know you are going to meet some customers, some prospects, make new friends and have some good time with old ones. You already RSVP’d to the best party in town, which hosted by a company you have been chasing for months. But in between all the fun in the sun, there is also a lot of work. So how do you pack for both work and pleasure in a squeezed 4-5 days? If you don’t know where to start, we have put together a great list for you.
- Make sure you have a suitcase that is ready for anything. All of us folks who are working in a startup (and also enterprise) know what it’s like when in the last minute someone from marketing comes up to you and asks if you can carry a few booklets or some extra giveaways (“just in case you run out”) and bring them over to the guy in charge of the booth. So a suitcase like the Arlo Skye Aluminium Carry-on that has smart built on components and extra space could work perfectly without messing up the order of your personal stuff. Plus, it leaves a lot of the needs like connecting to your electronics and charging outside of the case itself, living you more room and less of a hassle when you need the charger.
- Once you are done with checking into your hotel room, you can finally get some rest from the suitcase. Yet, you still need to walk around with bag that fits your laptop, gadgets and on-the-go items you need on a daily basis. So basically all the stuff you really don’t want to run back to the hotel for just because you don’t have enough space, or it’s not organized. This awesome Nomatic backpack, can also turn into messenger bag. It comes in two version, one for daily usage and the other one for a couple of days trip. It’s very efficient with room space and was designed to business terrain and travel.
- For flights and downtime you might consider a good tablet. Our choice would be an iPad pro 11 for its laptop like design, performance and experience. Some of you might jump at this point and say “the tablet is actually my work space”! Well, just remember that it can also help you with relaxation, so before we recommend on one, we will let you know that number 4 will talk about ways to relax on your free time.
- Relax! Stop for a few minutes and recharge yourself. If you were working the booth at the trade show for 8 hours, or just doing back to back meetings with customers you have to disengage and refill that battery that keeps you running. Here are some great options: the Brain.fm is a free phone app that has some great songs made just for focus or break time. If you need some time without destruction or just relaxing for a few minutes, you should definitely give it a shot. You should try to bring a book with you, either online or just the old-school type (yes, they still exist and personally, I love reading just to disconnect from the screen). Some great books by Haruki Murakami (try the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle), The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson or Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari are amazing best sellers that you might not heard of. You would probably not be able to put them down after you start reading. For some, Yoga is a way to relax and disconnect, so why not bring some Yoga outfit for man or woman. We also found this sleep tight set quite effective. It includes pillow spray and anti-stress roll-on made from essential oils.
- What about a portable wifi hotspot and a power bank? This skyroam solis is a great product that will give you unlimited 4G LTE service in over 130 countries. It can support up to 5 connections and has a 6000 mAh power bank. A day pass is $9 and it’s unlimited for 24 hours. And while we are at it, the goTenna Mesh is a great device that will help your phone stay connect everywhere.
You know how the more gadgets you carry, the bigger the cable spaghetti is? We hate untangling them again and again, especially when we really need that power cord. If this happens to you too, you should try Bagsmart Travel Universal Organizer. It will change your life!
Tired from that ironing board at the hotel room that never actually works? Hate flying in a business suit? Victronix Packmaker is the perfect solution for you. It carefully protects freshly pressed and folded garments so they don’t get wrinkled or crumpled in your suitcase.
Trying to pack to a conference or business travel is sometimes a bit complicated task. With new technologies and new gadgets that are making the trip experience easier or more comfortable, you can focus on your goals for the event and not keep thinking about how to plug in your laptop or extend the battery life, so you can find which restaurant you were supposed to meet you client.