Last Updated: October 16, 2018
If you are registering for or participating in a Squeedeal sweepstakes contest, participation is subject to our Official Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations and any other rules and regulations applicable to such competition (collectively, Rules). If this Policy conflicts with or is inconsistent with a statement in the Rules concerning your privacy, the Rules will apply.
If you are located outside the US, please note that currently we do not serve any customers outside of the US and do not allow them to participate in the sweepstakes.
Although you should read through the Policy for complete information on how we collect, use, share, and secure information, the following provides a summary of some the most important aspects of or our privacy practices:
- We may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with services, including to process the donations you make, to improve our services, and to provide you with information on upcoming events, announcements, and sweepstakes.
- We may share your personally identifiable information under certain circumstances as disclosed in this Policy.
- We take reasonable measures to secure your personal information, but we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED
1. Information You Provide: If you donate to a charity, take part in an auction or other offer, or otherwise communicate with us via the Website or Services, we collect the information you submit. To register to use the Services, you may be asked to provide personal data, such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or other similar information. You do not have to provide this data. But without it you may not be able to create an account or enter into transactions via the Website or Services.
2. Other Information: Your interactions with us may also include the following types of data:
A. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
B. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
C. Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of such transactions, including your credit/debit card details. When you use a credit card to donate, you are actually being redirected to our third-party provider. WE DO NOT COLLECT, ACCESS, STORE OR PROCESS ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
D. Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data.
E. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including, where available your IP address, device type/ID, operating system and browser type.
F. Publicly available personal data, including data you have shared via a public platform such as Twitter or Facebook.
G. If you decide to opt into our mailing list
2. HOW THE INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED
We use personal data and other information we receive to:
1. enhance your online experience, for example, we may access your account information to provide technical support and quality assurance
2. fulfill your requests for Services and validate your user rights;
3. contact and communicate with you about current activities, future events and sweepstakes or to notify you about any changes to our services
4. customize the content and advertising you see when using the Services;
5. conduct research and analysis on the use of our Website and Services;
6. provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
7. notify you about changes to our Website or Services;
8. operate, evaluate and improve our business (e.g., developing or improving new products and/or services; analyzing our customer base; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
9. diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traffic patterns and Website usage to help us develop and improve our Website further;
10. comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies; and
11. provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you.
3. COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING.
We use data collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means to (1) customize your visits to our Website, (2) deliver advertisements to you on our Website and other Websites, (3) deliver content tailored to your interests, and (4) manage our Website and Services.
1. Your Control of Cookies. Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of our Website and Services may not work as well (or at all) for you.
Basic rules for Processing Personal Information
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information in compliance with the applicable legislation. This compliance is consistent with our desire to keep you informed and to recognize and respect your privacy rights. We agree to observe the following principles when processing personal information:
1. Data will be processed fairly and in accordance with applicable law.
- Appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction or damage to data. In case of any such violation with respect to personal data, we will take appropriate steps to end the violation and determine liabilities in accordance with applicable law and will cooperate with the competent authorities
4. HOW AND WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION IS SHARED
1. Service Providers. We may employ other companies or individuals (“Service Providers”) to help us operate our Website and Services. These Service Providers have access to information only to perform limited functions on our behalf. They are prohibited from using your information for any purpose.
2. Third Party Marketing Partners. We may, from time to time, share information you provide to us with trusted third-party marketing partners whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you want us to stop sharing your information with such third parties, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a letter to Squeedeal LLC 3201 Edwards Mill Rd Ste 141 Raleigh, NC 27612, United States.
3. Law Enforcement and Protection of Users. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property or safety of Squeedeal, you, or another person. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to combat fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
4. Marketing Companies. We may provide general location data (e.g., the city, or the state, in which a device is located) and information about your search or posting history to third parties that want to provide you with information, products, or services. Unless we have your permission, we will only provide such companies with non-personally identifiable information. In other words, while this information may be provided in conjunction with a randomly assigned number, or a number assigned to your Squeedeal account, it will not be provided in conjunction with your name.
5. Sweepstakes Winners. As further explained in our Rules, by entering into a sweepstakes, you grant us the right to disclose name, biographical information, pictures/portraits, video images, likenesses and/or voice to the general public if you are a sweepstakes winner.
6. Business Transfer. In the event that Squeedeal is sold, has its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity, any user information owned or under the control of Squeedeal may be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to transfer or assign your information and other information we have collected from users of the Services.
7. Charities You Choose to Support via the Website or Services. We may share your information with a Charity to whom you have made a voluntary donation via the Website or Services.
If any information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be amended. It is your responsibility to provide use with accurate personal information about yourself and to inform us of any changes. (e.g. new home address or change of name).
If you demonstrate that the purpose for which the data is being processed in no longer legal or appropriate, the data will be deleted, unless the applicable law requires otherwise. You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data for any reason by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Obligations to Data Protection Authorities
We will respond diligently and appropriately to requests from DPAs about this Policy or compliance with applicable data protection privacy laws and regulations. We will, upon request, provide DPAs with names and contact details of the individuals designated to handle this process. With regard to transfers of personal information, we will (i) cooperate with inquiries from the DPA responsible for the entity exporting the data and (ii) respect its decisions, consistent with applicable law and due process rights. With regard to transfers of data to third parties, we will comply with DPAs’ decisions relating to it and cooperate with all DPAs in accordance with applicable legislation.
6. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA.
Generally, we rely on the following standards to process your personal information lawfully:
1. Consent. When you give us consent to process your data in certain ways, we will rely on your consent for the stated purpose(s) of the consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See additional information below under Your Rights and Choices.
2. Contract fulfillment. We process personal data when it is necessary to perform a contractual obligation. For example, when you make a purchase or a donation, we provide your billing information to a third-party payment processing vendor so that your transaction can be completed, and also to the charity you are supporting for the charity to acknowledge any gift for tax purposes.
3. Legitimate interests. We may process your personal data where necessary to fulfill our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. These legitimate interests may include:
o Completing transactions for our users, and handling user contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
o Protecting users, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
o Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services in ways consistent with reasonable expectations of our users.
o Sending promotional communications to existing users which are relevant to such users and related to their prior use of our Website and Services.
o Understanding our users’ behavior, activities, preferences and needs.
o Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services.
o Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
o Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behavior and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies, or taking other appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations.
o Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us.
o Fulfilling our duties to our users, colleagues, and any other stakeholders.
The Website and Services are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under age 13. If we learn we have received personally identifiable information from a child under age 13. We will delete that information.
8. SOCIAL NETWORKING AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
When you sign in or link to our Website or Services through any social networking service (such as Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin), you understand and agree that:
3. We may access, store, and use any information per your privacy settings in that social media network or service. We encourage you to review, and if necessary, adjust, such settings to control sharing as allowed by the social media network/service.
Our Website may include links to other Websites. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any such Websites. You should always check the privacy terms of any Website you visit.
Any information collected by Squeedeal is stored on servers that Squeedeal manages, using security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Squeedeal cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website or Services and you do so at your own risk.
10. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
11. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise that right at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also have options to agree (or decline) to be contacted for various marketing purposes at the point where you are submitting personal data to us.
12. CONTACT US
If you do not agree to the new terms, you should stop using the Website and Services.